Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Mysore: Back in the City

So I left the Jungle. I arrived in Mysore on June 12th. It is a mid sized city but much nicer than the others I have been to. There is still oddle oddle ooo, brownouts and dogs copulating in the streets. I am next heading for Goa. I hear its nice. I hope to beat the monsoon.


A temple on top of Chamundi Hill. An important stop for pilgrims



A few of the 1,000 stairs pilgrims must climb to the top of the hill. I only went down them.



This boy was rolling Incense sticks

4 comments:

ky said...

john, glad you escaped the city to experience a little more country life, the pictures give me the sense that it suites you much better, the elephants are awesome, as is the view from your hut. hope you have more amazing experiences to come! miss you
kyla

Anonymous said...

yeah sure incense sticks! and my name is anna nicole smith.

Anonymous said...

Im a Fat B. Doing what fat b's do best. being fat

Anonymous said...

John...Wow! First of all I had NO idea you were even leaving. It looks like you are having an amazing time, and making awesome memories. I called your mama dukes today because I want to hear ALL about this. Are you traveling all over? Are you with anyone? CAN I COME VISIT?! I miss you Johnny boy. I hope you are having the time of your life (it looks like you are!) Keep in touch k?! Love you! xoxo Hills